Removing Printer Drivers: Windows 2000 & Windows XP
Applies to: - All printer drivers - Windows 2000, Windows XP
Background: Deleting the icon for your printer will not remove all the driver files from your PC. Windows will retain a copy of the printer driver inside the Windows folder on your hard disk.
To completely remove a printer driver:
1. Choose Start > Settings > Printers (Windows 2000) or Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes (Windows XP)
2. Click on the Printer you would like to remove.
3. Choose File > Delete This will remove the printer icon from the Printers folder.
3. Choose File > Server Properties
4. Click the tab named Drivers
5. Select the printer driver to delete under Installed Printer Drivers. You may notice other printer drivers installed for other operating systems. These may be removed if you do not intend to share the printer with other users on your network.
6. Click Remove for each driver you want to remove from your PC.
KB Ref: GS03-2-NKZS