Is it possible to reset the language of my printer back to English without using the Operator Panel Language Utility?
Introduction - The "Operator Panel Language Utility" allows a user to change the language that appears on the printer's LCD panel when a menu setting is accessed/changed, the utility is provided on the CDs supplied with the product and can also be downloaded from the public website: http://www.okiprintingsolutions.com
Method to reset back to default value: The default shipping language for the printer is English. It is possible to reset the language back to English from another chosen language by using the "ADMIN MENU" or by running the "Operator Panel Language Utility" again. To reset the language without using the language setup utility the procedure is as follows:
1. Power on the printer holding down the 'Enter' key until "ADMIN MENU" appears on the LCD display, release the 'Enter' key and then press 'Enter' again.
2. Enter the printer's administrator password followed by 'Enter' (default password is "aaaa"), "OP MENU" will be displayed.
3. Press the '+' key three times or until "LANGUAGE MENU" is displayed and press 'Enter'.
4. The display will show "LANG INITIALIZE EXECUTE", press 'Enter'.
5. When asked "ARE YOU SURE?" press the 'Enter' key.
The printer will now restart in English and "ON LINE" will be displayed when it is ready to print.