How to create an Overlay using the C9600 PCL Driver
This article outlines the 3 basic steps required to create an Overlay and also includes an animation that simulates the steps.
Step 1: Creating a PRN File
- Select File > Print > "Print to File" > OK
- Save file (name)
- The PRN is now created in the selected location.
Step 2: Store the PRN to be used as an Overlay
- Double-click the appropriate printer (C9600)
- Select Projects > New Project
- Select Projects > Add File to Project
- Navigate to the Overlay location and select Files of type > PRN Files(*.prn)
- Double-click the PRN file you created in step 1, click OK
- Select Projects > Send Project Files to Printer > OK
Step 3: Print using your stored Overlay
- Click the 'Merge to Printer' icon
- Select the "From" and "To" radio button to print the range > Click OK
- Click Properties > Job Options > Overlays > Define Overlays
- Select Overlay Name and enter value
- Select ID Value(s) and enter value
- Click Add > Close > OK > OK > OK
Click here for animated file
1. You will need Macromedia Flash Player to view the demo file. If you don't have Macromedia Flash Player then download it for free from the following web location.
2. After opening the attached file, the following toolbar will be available for use at the top of your screen. You can navigate through the demo by using this toolbar. The functions are as shown below. In Macromedia Flash Player you can hover your mouse over each button to see its functionality.