How can I make the multipurpose tray the default source when copying documents?
The default setting for this MFP is that it will automatically choose an input tray containing media that matches the size of the document being scanned. In some cases a user may wish to always use the multipurpose tray as the default source for the media that the copy will be printed upon. An example where this may be the case could be when the user wishes to always print on a special media type such as transparencies as in this case only the MPT can be used as a source.
The location of the multipurpose tray or MPT is shown in orange below:
This picture shows the MPT in its folded upright position.
There are three stages to the configuration procedure required to set the MPT as the default media source for copying:
Identify the MFPs I.P. address
Access the MFPs internal web page
Locate the appropriate setting and apply changes
First we will identify the MFPs IP address
1. Press the "Menu" button located on the scanner control panel
2. Press down twice until the cursor flashes on "Network Settings"
3. Press "OK"
4. Press "OK" again to display the IP Address and take a note of this number as it will be required for the next step.
Next we will access the MFPs web page:
5. Open a web browser and enter the MFPs IP address in the address bar, this should be preceded with "http://" as shown below:
Note: In order to access the units web page the Java Runtime environment must be installed, the printers web page will offer a link to the following site if this is not the case:
Finally we will configure the MFP using the internal web page:
6. Once the web page opens select the "Copy" link as shown below:
7. The default tray to be used for copying can be selected as shown:
8. After selecting "MP" complete the operation by clicking "Update"
The MFP will now display a message on its screen requesting that media is present in the MPT each time a copy job is processed.
In this document we have explained how to locate the MFPs IP address and use this to enter the units internal web page. We have also covered the configuration changes that are necessary to ensure that the MFP always requests media from the MPT when printing copies of a document placed on its scanner.
MFP: MultiFunction Product (Scancopier and printer)
MPT: MultiPurpose Tray, fold down input tray located on the front facing side of the printer (for this model).
IP Address: Internet Protocol address, a number used to identify the MFP on a Network running the Internet protocol.