How do I replace the fuser?
Before replacing any consumables it is necessary to power off the printer using the safe shutdown procedure described in the Knowledgebase article "Shutdown/Restart process" which is linked below.
After the printer has been safely shut down please follow the steps below to replace the fuser unit.
1. Open the lid.
Note: Please allow the fuser to cool for around 10 minutes before attempting the next step as it may be very hot.
2. Move the locking lever on the front of the fuser clockwise.
3. Grab the handle on the top of the fuser and lift the unit upwards to remove from the printer.
4. Remove the new fuser from its packaging and insert into the printer ensuring that the locking lever is at the front.
5. Move the locking lever anti-clockwise.
6. Close the lid and then re-apply power to the printer to complete fuser unit replacement.