How do I manually perform Auto Density Calibration?
Before using a Spectrophotometer (or Densitometer) to colour calibrate the C9800/C9800GA/C9800MFP via EFI's Calibrator Utility it is necessary to perform Auto Density Calibration.
This can be performed by following the process described below.
Diagram 1 : Operator Panel showing Ready to Print
1. From the Ready to Print state (as shown in diagram 1 above) press the Menur button until the following is displayed on the Operator Panel.
2. Press the Menu button until Calibration in visible in the FUNCTIONS menu as shown below.
3. Highlight Calibration and press the Enter button and the following will appear on the Operator Panel.
4. Press Menus button until Adjust Density is highlighted and then the press Enter button. The following will be displayed.
5. Highlight Yes and press the Enter button. The printer will perfrom Auto Density Calibration and display the following on the Operator Panel after a short while.
6. Press the Back button until the printer returns to the Ready
to Print state as shown below.
The printer has now successfully completed Auto Density Calibration and is ready to be used with EFI's Calibrator Utility (if the user wishes to use this utility).
† The text content of the Operator Panel displays may differ very slightly between C9600 and C9800. However, you will still be able to follow the process using the descriptions contained within this article.