How do I print using IPP from Mac OS X 10.4.x?
Software Version: Mac OS 10.4.x
The procedure for adding a printer to Mac OS 10.4.x using IPP is as follows:
1. Open "Print Setup Utility" and click "Add"
2. Select the "IP Printer" icon
3. Choose "Internet Printing Protocol - IPP" from the drop-down menu
4. Enter the printer's I.P. address in the "Address" field
When printing using IPP from Mac OS X Tiger it is necessary to enter a value into the "Print Queue" field. On previous versions of Mac OS X this was not necessary.
5. For models with an Oki controller (C5xxx, C7xxx, C9300/C9500, C9600) the following value should be entered:
For Models with an EFI Controller (C98xx/GA/MFP) the following value should be entered depending on the required print queue:
The following screenshot illustrates a connection to a C9800GA using the "Print" queue:
6. Ensure the correct PPD is selected in the "Print Using" field
and click "Add"
7. Select the relevant installed options for the printer and click "Continue".
Installation is now complete and the printer should be added to the printer list.