How do I replace the belt unit?
When the transfer belt reaches the end of its product life, CHANGE BELT UNIT is displayed in the control panel.
The transfer belt life is approximately 60000 sheets, A4, long edge feed.
However, this assumes a standard print job of three sheets. If single sheets are printed, transfer belt life is reduced.
1. Switch off the printer and open the top cover.
2. Remove the cradle complete with the four image drums and toner cartridges from the printer.
3. Press back the lock lever (1) and, using the handles (2 and 3), remove the old transfer belt from the printer.
4. Remove the new transfer belt unit from its packaging.
5. Using the handles (2 and 3), align the pins (4) with the grooves (5) on the printer and insert the new transfer belt into the printer.
6. Move the lock lever (1) toward the front of the printer and ensure it locks the transfer belt into place.
7. Install the cradle complete with the four image drums and toner cartridges back into the printer.
8. Close the top cover.