Mac OS X - Troubleshooting Okipage 8iM connection problems
Applies to Mac OS X 10.2 or greater Okipage 8iM
If you are experiencing connection problems with the Okipage 8iM, please read the troubleshooting procedure detailed below as this may help to resolve your problem.
Please follow the following steps in the order they appear below:
1. Remove all printers from Print Center, including those from other manufacturers.
2. Remove all files from the /Library/OKIDATA
Choosing the "uninstall" option in the latest version of the Okipage 8iM Printer Driver
installer (v1.1.1 or later) will also remove these files.
3. Restart your Mac
This prevents the Mac from keeping any old driver files loaded in memory.
4. Install the latest printer driver
Only printer driver version 1.1.1 or greater works correctly with Mac OS X 10.2 (or greater).
This driver can be downloaded from this web site.
5. Stop the Classic environment if it is
Classic can be stopped from Mac OS X's System Preferences Panel.
6. Remove other USB devices from the Macintosh, such as scanners or digital cameras.
7. Connect the OKI Parallel-USB cable directly
to your Mac.
Don't connect the cable via a USB hub or the keyboard.